Special Educational Needs in Schools
The Practice currently works with many of London’s finest schools and nurseries. We offer a comprehensive range of consultative services to both independent and local authority schools and nurseries including –
- SEN School’s package – a tailored service providing a combination of Educational Psychology, Occupational therapy and Speech and Language therapy directly to schools on a termly basis. We offer this service at a very competitive day rate and are already providing full SEN services to many schools, both independent and local authority. [Download full details here]
- Discussion and advice with staff, TAs, and SENCOs for individuals, class and/or whole school issues
- Attendance at meetings with parents and other professionals
- Observation – in the classroom or individually
- School-based individual assessments
- Assistance with IEP’s and Statements
- Advice on strategic development in relation to specific departments or whole school development plan
- School-based training workshops, seminars and inset sessions
- School-based individual and group therapy
It is the aspiration of every education system to meet the educational needs of all children so that each has the best start in life. It is the ambition of The London Children’s Practice that every child, regardless of their learning difficulty, reaches their full potential in school and makes a successful transition to adulthood and the world of further and higher education, training or work.
The London Children’s Practice has been working successfully with schools in both the private and state sector for many years. We have extensive experience of working alongside Special Educational Needs Co-ordinators and other teaching professionals.
We see our SEN packages as a flexible way for SENCOs to manage the SEN needs of their schools through one provider who is answerable directly to them.
The London Children’s Practice specialises in:
- Language disorders and delays
- Cognitive behaviour disorders
- Sensory processing disorders
- Speech disorders, including verbal dyspraxia
- Dyslexia and other learning difficulties and disorders
- Specific language impairments
- Voice disorders, non-fluency/stammering
- Attention and auditory processing deficits
- Autism and related neurological disorders
- Asperger’s syndrome
- Emotional and behavioural difficulties
- Hearing impairments
- Gross and fine motor impairments
- Visual perceptual impairments
- Articulation and physiological delay/disorders
- Learning support/strategies
We currently work with a large number of independent, Local Authority and International schools and nurseries who value:
- LCP’s established reputation as an independent practice in the UK and abroad
- The multi-disciplinary services of LCP from screening and assessment to delivery in school and home programmes, plus medico-legal work
- Cost effectiveness of using an external provider to maintain a high quality service with a wide range of therapies; LCP can provide all necessary resources for assessment and treatment of a child within the school environment
- LCP’s management and development of therapists through CPD, supervision and support – high standards set and maintained at all times
- LCP’s provision of support for Special Educational Needs Co-ordinators, teachers and teaching assistants for each child and can deliver Inset training for the full range of staff involved in a child’s education, as well as providing support for Ofsted / ISI inspection and reviews
- LCP’s provision of resources for therapy and assessment
- LCP’s assurance that all therapists are HCPC registered and have an enhanced DBS certificate
School SEN Packages
The London Children’s Practice SEN Service Packages involve delivery of high quality SEN input, including that required by Statements of Special Educational Needs or Education, Health and Care Plans, assessment, therapy, INSET training and parent support through the school year.
Elements of the London Children’s Practice SEN Service Packages:
- Speech & Language Therapy: assessments, individual therapy sessions, pair-work, small language and communication groups.
- Occupational Therapy: assessments, individual sessions, OT group work.
- Inset & Training: Inset sessions in school that cover a range of topics depending on your needs. For example: Supporting Children with SLCN in the Classroom, Selective Mutism, Fluency, Attention and Listening, Development of Fine and Gross Motor Skills.
- Parent Support: Therapists can be present for parent consultation evenings, representing the school. Parent information sessions can also be provided. Termly reports are created for every child seen or assessed.
LCP offers a range of SEN School Packages to suit the needs of your school