Introducing a comprehensive educational psychology service for families and schools
The London Children’s Practice is a multi-disciplinary team of paediatric therapists now working in partnership with consultants and psychologists to provide a comprehensive and integrated service for children. Since its beginnings more than 20 years ago, the practice has steadily grown to become a specialist centre with an international reputation.
Educational psychologists are both psychologists and qualified teachers who undertake specific post graduate training in educational psychology. They have an in-depth understanding of the educational and psychological needs of children and young people both at home and within school. All our educational psychologists are experienced practitioners and all hold chartered status with the British Psychological Society.
Our psychology team offers a full range of services for children and young people of all ages. We can also offer psychology as part of a multi-disciplinary service in partnership with other professionals working at the London Children’s Practice.
Our Educational Psychologists specialise in:
- Learning difficulties
- Specific learning difficulties (including dyslexia)
- Language and Communication
- Autistic Spectrum Disorders and related social communication disorders
- Neurodevelopmental disorders such as ADHD
- Asperger Syndrome
- Medico-legal work, including tribunals
- Our psychologists are also involved in training and research
When required, our educational psychologists carry out detailed assessments to determine the nature of a child’s difficulties and then suggest a plan of intervention which may involve both parents and school. Where necessary, we can also link to other services provided within London Children’s Practice such as speech and language therapy. In other words as part of the wider multi-disciplinary practice, we are able to provide more than just assessment and our aim is to provide a pro-active individualised intervention service for each child.
We also offer a consultation service to parents and professionals and provide a range of services specifically for schools.
Assessments and Consultations are generally carried out within the practice but home or school based assessments can be offered when the need arises. Email and Telephone Consultations are also available.
Services we offer include:
- Assessment (including developmental and IQ assessments and/or academic learning assessment)
- Diagnostic Assessment
- Assessment and Planning of intervention programmes for overseas families
- Assessment for Examination Special Arrangements
- Assessment for and representation at Special Educational Needs Tribunals
- Medico-legal reports and assessments
- Attendance at reviews and advice to schools
- Advice & Intervention for behaviour problems in school and at home
- Social Skills Training
- Anger Management Training
- Individual therapy and counselling
- Training workshops and Advice to schools
- Parent and Family workshops