Feeding and Swallowing Clinic
The London Children’s Practice is proud to add a comprehensive Feeding and Swallowing service to our practice.
The London Children’s Practice Feeding and Swallowing Service uses a range of treatment approaches including feeding and dysphagia management from Dr. Maggie-Lee Huckabee and Dr. Joan Arvedson, with TalkTools® in the Sensory-Motor Approach to Feeding, and with Dr. Kay Toomey and Dr. Erin Ross in the S.O.S. Approach to Feeding.
The feeding and swallowing service provides assessment and therapy to infants and children throughout their feeding development, and provides therapy in managing difficulties with breastfeeding and bottle feeding, tongue and lip ties, reflux, commencing solids and texture progression, chewing skill development, drooling, overstuffing and pocketing food, oromotor concerns, coughing and choking during feeding and mealtimes, fussy and picky eaters, challenging mealtime behaviours, and implementing mealtime structures and routines. Individualised parent and caregiver training is provided in all of these areas.
12 months +
- Fussy and picky eaters using principles of the S.O.S Approach to Feeding
- Managing challenging mealtime behaviours
- Establishing mealtime structures and routines
- Drooling, food overstuffing/pocketting concerns
- Tongue, lip and jaw movement concerns using Lori Overland TalkTools® Sensory-Motor Approach to Feeding
- General difficulties with eating and drinking
- Coughing and choking during mealtimes
- Second opinions on feeding and swallowing difficulties/delays
- Training of parents and caregivers in individualised feeding and early communication stimulation techniques