We currently work with many of London’s finest schools and nurseries. We offer a comprehensive range of consultative services, including both Speech and Language Therapy and Occupational Therapy, to both independent and local authority schools.
Scroll down to find out more.
- The London Children’s Practice has an established reputation as an independent practice in the UK and abroad;
- We provide multi-disciplinary services, from screening and assessment to delivery of school and home programmes, plus medico-legal work
- It is cost- and time- effective to use a specialised external provider to maintain a high quality service with a wide range of therapies;
- We manage and support our therapists’ continuing professional development, through supervision and frequent training programs, ensuring a high level of quality in therapy;
- We provide support for Special Educational Needs Co-ordinators, teachers and teaching assistants for each child;
- We deliver INSET training for staff involved in a child’s education, as well as provide support for Ofsted / ISI inspection and reviews;
- We provide comprehensive resources for therapy and assessment;
- Our therapists are all HCPC registered and have an enhanced DBS certificate.
What we offer:
- A tailored SEN School Package – a service providing a combination of Educational Psychology, Occupational Therapy and Speech and Language Therapy directly to schools on a termly basis. We offer this service at a very competitive day rate and are already providing full SEN services to many schools, both independent and local authority. [Download full details here]
- Discussion and advice with staff, TAs, and SENCOs for individuals, class and/or whole school issues
- Attendance at meetings with parents and other professionals
- Observation – in the classroom or individually
- School-based individual assessments
- Assistance with Individual Educational Plans (IEPs) and Education, Health, and Care Plans (EHCPs)
- Advice on strategic development in relation to specific departments or whole school development plans
- School-based training workshops, seminars and INSET sessions
- School-based individual and group therapy
We specialise in:
- Language disorders and delays
- Cognitive behaviour disorders
- Sensory processing disorders
- Speech disorders, including verbal dyspraxia
- Dyslexia and other learning difficulties and disorders
- Specific language impairments
- Voice disorders, non-fluency/stammering
- Attention and auditory processing deficits
- Autism and related neurological disorders
- Asperger’s syndrome
- Emotional and behavioural difficulties
- Hearing impairments
- Gross and fine motor impairments
- Visual perceptual impairments
- Articulation and physiological delay/disorders
- Learning support/strategies
School SEN Packages
The London Children’s Practice SEN Service Packages involve delivery of high quality SEN input, including that required by Statements of Special Educational Needs, or Education, Health and Care Plans. It also includes assessment, therapy, INSET training and parent support throughout the school year.
Elements of the London Children’s Practice SEN Service Packages:
- Speech & Language Therapy: assessments, individual therapy sessions, pair-work, small language and communication groups.
- Occupational Therapy: assessments, individual sessions, OT group work.
- INSET & Training: INSET sessions in school that cover a range of topics depending on your needs. For example: Supporting Children with SLCN in the Classroom, Selective Mutism, Fluency, Attention and Listening, Development of Fine and Gross Motor Skills.
- Parent Support: Therapists can be present for parent consultation evenings, representing the school. Parent information sessions can also be provided.
- Termly reports are created for every child seen or assessed.
LCP offers a range of SEN School Packages to suit the needs of your school. To find out more, contact our office at 020 7467 9520 or firstname.lastname@example.org and ask to speak to a Schools Manager.